1. Are you ready to be put through the mill?
你做好过堂的准备了吗?
?put through the mill 使经受磨炼,使饱尝辛酸
2. I have a low pain threshold.
我很容易感到痛苦。
3. A hole in one.
一击命中。
4. It can do wonders for your English.
对你的英语大有好处。
?do wonders 创造奇迹,取得惊人的成就
do wonders for (在…方面)创造奇迹;(在…方面)产生奇妙作用
e.g. Try this medicine. It'll do wonders for your cold. 试试这种药,它对治疗你的感冒会有神效。
5. He’s an out-and-out egotist.
他是个不折不扣的自我中心主义者。
6. She’s a real old battleaxe.
她是个泼妇。
?battleaxe (also battleax):(旧时的)战斧;泼妇,母夜叉
7. He bought a palatial house.
他买了套富丽堂皇的大房子。
8. You should have a diet easily digestible.
吃易消化的食物。
9. You’re reverting to your old habit.
你老毛病又犯了。
?revert to 回复,归还
e.g. Let us revert to the original subject. 我们回过来谈原来的主题吧。
10. Don’t be so legalistic.
通融一下嘛。
2025国考·省考课程试听报名