A:Mom, this is your third bowl of rice!
妈妈,这是你的第三碗米饭了!
B:I know but I have no choice. My stomach just keeps crying for more and more.
我知道,但是我没办法,我的胃总是想要吃中国足彩网。
A:Why? I never saw you eat so much before.
为什么?以前我从没见过你吃这么多啊。
B:I've been going to the gym these days. The exercise makes me hungry all the time.
我最近去健身房。锻炼时我总是觉得很饿。
A:So your stomach is the one that actually gets a lot of work-out.
你的胃一定做了很多的运动喽!
B:Don't pull my leg.
别拿我开心了。
A:This way you'll probably put on more weight. Will you give up?
这样你可能会增肥的。你会放弃吗?
B:Surely not. I can feel the results. I'm starting to feel different now.
当然不了,我觉得非常有效果。现在,我开始感觉到身体的变化了。
A:Then how are you gonna deal with the problem of getting extra weight?
那你要怎么处理变胖的问题呢?
B:I'm planning to meet my personal trainer to have the work-out plan fixed.
我在考虑见一下我的私人健身教练,改一下健身计划。
A:Oh, I've got an idea. Why don't you ask Dad to go with you? He badly needs some exercise.
哦,我有一个主意。干吗不叫爸爸和你一起去呢?他很需要运动。
B:Your father is a bit too timid. He even doesn't know how to introduce himself.
你爸爸太胆小了。我想他连怎么介绍自己都不知道。
A:He can just say,I'm Benjamin. I'm new and shy.
他只要说,我是本杰明,我是新来的,我很害羞。
B:Girl, don't make fun of your Daddy. But I can introduce him to my personal trainer. Maybe one day he will be a fitness freak instead of a cough potato.
嗨,别拿你爸爸开玩笑。不过,我可以把你爸爸介绍给我的健身教练,也许有一天,你爸爸会变成一个健身狂而不是现在的电视精。
A:Who knows!
谁知道呢!
注释:
stomachache n. 胃痛
badly adv. 极度地
timid adj. 胆怯的
introduce vt. 介绍
shy adj. 害羞的
freak n. 怪人
1.fitness freak: fitness的意思是健康,freak的意思是怪物,有的人疯狂迷恋健身,所以被称为fitness freak(健身狂)。
2. couch potato: couch potato长沙发,土豆,当然这里既没有沙发也没有土豆,这是幽默的手法,因为有的人老看电视,什么都不做,像种在沙发中的土豆一样,意思是“电视精”。
2025国考·省考课程试听报名