A:Wow, this is drop-dead gorgeous.
哇噻,比赛真是太精彩了!
B:So no more regret now?
那么现在不再后悔了吧?
A:Don't remind me of that. This would be the last time I cut any classes for a basketball game.
别提醒我这个。这会是我最后一次为篮球比赛而逃课。
B:Come on. Don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy your life.
拜托。别这么为难自己。要享受人生啊!
A:I just can't help it. Oh, look at Clive, he is really a big hit. They are definitely gonna win.
我就是忍不住嘛。哦,看克莱夫,他真是耀眼啊!他们一定会赢的。
B:It's only seven minutes into the game, too early to cheer up.
才刚刚开场7分钟,要高兴现在还太早。
A:Come on, 18 points already, they are never gonna catch up.
拜托,已经领先18分了,对方不可能赶超了啊。
B:Who knows! It's a long game. Look! That was a really nice shot!
谁知道呢?比赛还长着呢。看,刚才的进球真漂亮!
A:Thay are coming back to narrow the gap.
对方在拉进比分。
B:Wait, that guy, I know him. He is just a bench warmer.
等等,那个男生,我认得他。他只是一个“板凳”。
A:A secret weapon. They'd better set up the defense now.
一个秘密武器哦。克莱夫他们现在最好加强防守了。
B:Clive is ready to explode. Keep your eyes open.
克莱夫要爆发了。把你的眼睛睁大了。
A:Oh, man! I can't believe it. A slam dunk!
哦,好家伙。我真难以相信。灌篮了。
B:Good that he resembled his old, quick self.
真好,他总算恢复动作飞快的他了。
注释:
drop-dead adv. 非常
gorgeous adj. 极好的
explode vi. 爆发
doubt n. 怀疑
cheer up 高兴起来
bench warmer 候补球员
defense n. 防守
slam dunk 灌篮
resemble vt. 恢复
bench warmer:
bench 是长凳的意思,warmer的意思是取暖器,打球的时候有一部分技术比较弱的球员得不到上场的机会而要坐在场外长凳上,所以候补球员被称为bench warmer。
2025国考·省考课程试听报名