A:I've heard The Hitchhiker would be on next week. I want to see it.
我听说搭车人将会在下周上映。我想去看。
B:Is it horror movie?
这是部恐怖电影吗?
A:Yeah, I love horror movies the most. Would you like to go with me next weekend?
是啊,我最喜欢恐怖电影。你想周末和我一起去看吗?
B:No way. I will be scared out of my wits.
决不。我会被吓得半死。
A:Well, What kind of movies do you like?
那你喜欢什么电影?
B:Er, let me see. Romance, comedy, documentary, action, science fiction, cartoon and so on.
呃,让我想想。爱情片,喜剧片,纪录片,动作片,科幻片,卡通片,等等。
A:In a word, you like all the movies except for the horror movies.
总而言之,除了恐怖片,其他你都喜欢。
B:Yeah, It seems like we don't talk the same language as far as movies are concerned.
是的。看起来在电影方面我们达不成共识。
A:Not quite. I also like romance and comedy movies very much.
也不是。我也很喜欢爱情片和喜剧片。
B:The Terminal is a movie of this type.
幸福终点站就是这类爱情喜剧片。
A:So we can relax now.
所以我们可以好好放松一下了。
B:Yeah, I could hardly wait to see it.
是啊,我都等不及想看了。
注释:
horror n. 恐惧
romance n. 浪漫
comedy n. 喜剧
documentary n. 纪录片
action n. 动作
fiction n. 小说
relax vt. 放松
in a word 总之
as far as 至于,就……而言
go with 和……一起
The Hitchhiker 《搭车人》,好莱坞的恐怖片,2007年1月上映。
I will be scared out of my wits. 我会被吓得半死。直译为“我把我的智慧都吓出来了”。言下之意是说自己被吓傻了。
2025国考·省考课程试听报名